Sunday, August 1, 2010

Oatmeal & Honey Bars

I'm in love with the way these smell!!

I didn't add fragrance to them and I'm glad I didn't. The smell of both the oatmeal and honey really comes through and they smell wonderful. Same thing with color, I didn't add anything to them. I'm thinking possibly the honey helped add to the color of the bars, maybe the oatmeal also.

I'm going to be anxious to test these since I'm hoping they'll be a nice facial bar. I'm sensitive to a lot of cleaners and such on my face so I'll be a good test subject. It would be great to not have to spend a ton of money on facial cleansers anymore and to have that product be all natural is just icing on the cake!

Now, my question to whoever is even reading this, lol... would you consider purchasing and using a bar that looks like this? Is it aesthetically pleasing? What could I do to make it better if you don't find it so? Any input is welcome, both positive and negative. I want to come up with products that people "want" to buy and use... otherwise "Huston, we have a problem" ;)

oh, one thing I did notice... I didn't make them with oatmeal on the top but I put a bit on there for the picture, I think next time I may put oatmeal on the top, I like the look of it.

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I really like them! Both color and texture are very natural. I love the corrugated cut, it gives them a nice interest; and the rich brown color is a nice nod to the honey. I am 50/50 on the oatmeal "on top". I like it in the bar, but when it is on the surface it just tends to sluff off on the first use. I guess I would have to see it done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DITO I LOVE THE RIPPLE CUT & THE COLOR-SOUNDS DELECIOUS. MIGHT BE INTERESTING WITH A LITTLE BIT OF CINNAMON???

    ReplyDelete
  3. From what I've read cinnamon can be irritating to a lot of people but that's a good idea, I may have to try it :)

    ReplyDelete