Saturday, August 7, 2010

Lemongrass & Lavender


These bars smell so fresh!

This was my first use of Essential Oils and it turned out great! The combination of the Lemongrass EO and Lavender EO was a great choice I think. The Lemongrass is the stronger scent but the Lavender creeps in there at the end for a calming effect. I will definitely be using the combination again in the future.

The colors didn't do exactly what I wanted them to (yes, I know they're probably not the most perfect match for the fragrance, lol) I was originally going to try and do some swirls but I let the batch get too far into trace and wasn't able to. I still think they turned out pretty :)

I've already tried using a piece I sliced off and so far they have great lather and don't dry my skin out. They were made with olive oil, coconut oil, palm oil, avocado oil, castor oil & jojoba oil.

I used the Oatmeal & Honey Bars for the first time this morning to wash my face in the shower and so far so good. No irritation or break outs, I'm going to continue to use it every morning to see if my skin dries out at all. Granted, I do use a moisturizer on my face after I get out of the shower but who doesn't?

I'll keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment