Saturday, August 28, 2010

I'm so excited!

In the past two days I've had two separate sales in my ETSY Shop!

I put my soaps up for sale day before yesterday and I'm glad I did since both sales were for soap! Since these are my first few customers I've been throwing in a free lip balm with their purchases :)  I figure I'll do that for the first 5 or so online sales.

I'm really looking forward to my party on the 25th, it'll give people a chance to check out my stuff in person and also celebrate my birthday with me! I've been busy making extra batches of the Wake Up Soap and Ocean Breeze Bars since I have a feeling those are gonna be the favorites.

I tried to make another batch of the Oatmeal & Honey Bars but I tried them in my box which would have made a lot bigger batch and they didn't come out as great as the first batch. I did put the first batch in the oven and that may have made a difference in the smell and look. I'm gonna give them a bit to cure and see if the smell and/or color deepens and go from there. In the meantime, I'm going to dial it down and make a smaller batch to see if I can duplicate the first one. I hope I can because I love those bars!

I have in some new lip balm flavors but I haven't made new balms yet. It was super hot here last week and I didn't feel like doing much of anything except sitting in front of a fan, lol... plus, I'm not sure they would have set up very well. I'll get them made and labeled sometime in the next week so I can get pictures done and get them up for sale.

Doing some candle making tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment