Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I'm so excited!

I had my first attempt at making salt bars today and they look promising!

I was able to take them out of the mold & cut them with only some minor crumbling at the end corners. Because they are made with mostly Coconut Oil, they get so hard that if you don't cut them soon enough you run into the possibility of the bars crumbling when you try to cut them or them being to hard to cut at all. I only waited an hour from the time I poured them until I unmolded them. I probably could've waited another hour or so and maybe saved the corners, I'll have to see if I can be that patient next time :)

The bars are a beautiful purple color right now but they're still hot so I'll have to wait & see what color they end up as when they cool down. Hopefully they won't change!

I'll take pics of them tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Salt bars? What is special about a salt bar compared to what you have been doing? I am guessing it is cure time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you beat me to it! Check out today's post, I put up pictures of the bars as well as the benefit..

    Basically Salt Bars exfoliate your skin very gently, resulting in wonderful clean, smooth skin! Much like going to the ocean, salt also has great healing properties for the skin.

    ReplyDelete